Township govenment is entrusted to perform services vital to the area. These duties include:
- Administration of Township assistance.
- Maintenance of abandoned cemeteries. In Clay Township these cemeteries are Calvary Cemetery, 96th and Shelborne Road; Farley Cemetery, 106th and Keystone Parkway; Home Place Cemetery, 106th and College Avenue; and White Chapel, East 116th Street across from the Flowing Well.
- Provide fire protection in unincorporated areas by interlocal agreement with the City of Carmel.
- Provide Park and Recreation Services through interlocal agreement with the City of Carmel.
- Appointments of members to various City-Township boards. The Trustee appoints four of the eleven members of the Park and Recreation Board for four-year terms. The Trustee appoints five of the nine members of the Clay Township Regional Waste District Board for four-year terms.
Please visit the Carmel-Clay Park and Recreation Department, the Carmel Clay Fire Department, the 911 Communications Center, and the Clay Township Regional Waste District to learn more about services provided to Clay Township residents.